The Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education (TAESE) is the technical assistance division of the Center for Persons with Disabilities at the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services at Utah State University. TAESE is the organization that administers the Mountain Plains Regional Resource Center, the TASK12 education interpreter training and certification program, the national Dispute Resolution Consortium, and a variety of other State contracts and technical assistance agreements.
Among others, possible support services include:
- Professional development events
- Conference Planning
- APR Indicator 8 and 14 data analysis
- School-based professional development
- State-wide teacher recruitment and retention
Current Events & Other News:
- Education Specialist opening with the Utah State Office of Education (see details)
- Rocky Mountain PCMA spotlights our own Cindy Budge (see PCMA website for more)
- Iowa School for the Deaf has two positions open for a SLPI Coordinator position and a full-time sign language instructor (teaching sign classes for staff and parents). The Sign Language Coordinator must be a licensed interpreter in Iowa (RID, NIC, NAD IV or EIPA 3.5+) and will be assisting with professional development and evaluation of interpreters in the state of Iowa in addition to overseeing our sign language programs on campus and interpreting when needed. (see details)
- Director of Special Services Opening with Sweetwater County School District One (Wyoming) (see details)
- Juan Carlos (JC) Vazquez recognized as mentor to recent master's graduate success story.
- Juan Carlos (JC) Vazquez has been given the 2014 Staff Diversity Award
- Check out this amazing TED Talk: Henry Evans and Chad Jenkins: Meet the robots for humanity
- State Advisory Panel 2014 Quarterly Webinar Schedule: February 21, May 23, August 22, and November 21. Webinars begin at 3:00pm Eastern Time.
Job Opportunities at TAESE:
Position Title: Program Specialist
Utah State University and the Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education is offering two full-time special education Program Specialist positions. The Program Specialists will display technical, curricular, assessment, implementation planning, and leadership skills supporting effective special education professional development and technical assistance activities intended to enhance positive outcomes for students with disabilities in the state of Utah. Program Specialists will provide professional development, technical assistance, instructional coaching, implementation planning, and leadership supports to school district and charter school personnel throughout Utah. Experience and knowledge of current special education issues will be important. Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits. Travel throughout the state will be necessary. Quick link to job posting: jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=60045
Position Title: Instructional Coach/Implementation Specialist
Utah State University and the Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education is offering five regional, full-time special education Instructional Coach/Implementation Specialist positions. The Instructional Coaches/Implementation Specialists (ICIS) will display technical, curricular, assessment, and implementation planning behaviors supporting effective professional development and technical assistance activities intended to enhance positive outcomes for students with disabilities in the state of Utah. The ICIS will provide special education professional development, technical assistance, instructional coaching, and implementation planning and support in assigned Utah regions. Selected individuals can live and work in their regions geographic area. Additionally, ICIS's actions will be directed by needs in assigned schools, by annual performance review determinations, and by their determinations in the Utah Program Improvement Planning System. Experience and knowledge of current special education issues will be important. Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits. Quick link to job posting: jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=60044